54A George St, Redfern NSW 2016, Australia
This 4 level heritage building was constructed as the Star Hotel in 1882, with a second incarnation as Star House from 1959, when it became commercial premises in a rundown and dilapidated condition.
Star House was purchased in 2010 by Annie Fitzpatrick & Peter Murphy. Annie & Peter gained approval to restore and convert the existing building into 2 luxury residential apartments and a commercial space that reintroduces an active use to its George Street frontage.
The principal building and its existing fabric has been retained and restored, in addition, the front veranda has been reinstated bringing this landmark building up to today's standards.